To learn why we designed our Daily Facial Routine to address sun damage and the other skin aging, it helps to go back to the start of our company. Most people have heard the story of how our founders, Nova and Paul, were inspired to create Goddess Garden. They needed a safe sunscreen, made with clean ingredients, for their daughter. There was a problem, so they created their own solution. They learned a lot along the way. First, the sun is responsible for 90-percent of the visible signs of skin aging.(i) That means if we’d all used sunscreen on our faces every time we were exposed to the sun in our lives, we’d all boast baby faces—but we didn’t. Here, Nova and Paul saw another problem: How do you undo years of not wearing sunscreen? True to their innovative spirit, they again went to work on a solution—the Daily Facial Routine.
How do you repair sun damage?
Repairing sun damage is pretty complicated stuff. That’s because the damage is pretty complex as well. It has to do with the different spectrums and wavelengths of the UV rays and how each affects the skin. Mineral sunscreen was the first step. You have to stop the damage and let your skin begin to heal itself. Goddess Garden has been providing this solution to our customers for years. Now it’s time for the next step: The repair process.
Almost as complicated as the problem itself are all the harsh chemicals being marketed to help people turn back time. Luckily, we geek out on finding natural alternatives. We read about willow bark and baobab oil for fun. We live to learn about antioxidants and topically applied vitamins. We’re like kids in a candy store when it comes to nature. There are so many wonderful ingredients to choose from that don’t have the potential to cause their own problems later on.
A Natural Facial-Care Solution
We looked for ingredients that would give back the things years in the sun can take away from our skin. Strong antioxidants, vitamins, moisturizers and natural ways to speed nutrients where they’re needed most—nature once again gave us just what we needed! We mixed and tested and started over when we found ingredients that were higher in antioxidants or provided a better firming effect. We studied and learned and mixed again. As a side note, all of us “Goddess Gardeners” have some incredibly soft, smooth skin, despite the dry winter Colorado weather. And all that testing and experimenting resulted in seven facial products—all with nutrients you can see and natural ingredients that really work—to help undo the visible signs of aging!
The Goddess Garden Daily Facial Routine
Our morning and evening routine is easy to do and adapt to, while providing all the complex nutrients your skin needs. Take a peek at the product line:
- Ideal for break-out prone skin, yet gentle enough for sensitive skin, it cools and refreshes to wake up skin.
- Powerful antioxidant-rich formula minimizes puffiness, while preserving and supporting collagen production.
- Sunscreen primer ensures even distribution of our Face the Day SPF Cream with a nourishing vitamin complex to help repair sun-related aging and protect skin from daily damage.
- Completely sheer, light-weight SPF protects skin while firming and lifting.
- Gently and thoroughly removes tough mineral sunscreens and makeup, to reveal soft, smooth skin.
- Powerful after-sun serum uses natural ingredients to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark spots caused by sun exposure.
- Silky cream absorbs quickly to soothe and nourish sun-exposed skin, while giving skin a youthful look.
Sun repair made simple
That’s it. It’s pretty simple. The Daily Facial Routine protects your skin to halt the damage; it helps your skin help itself; and it provides that extra boost that gives instant results with long-term benefits—naturally!
So look back and enjoy every minute of every year you’ve spent on this Earth, even if you forgot the sunscreen a time or twelve. We’re all about having fun, and we hope sun damage can now be one less thing to worry about!
- What Are Ultraviolet (UV) Rays?
- UVA and UVB Rays: What’s the Difference?
- Five Reasons to Wear Sunscreen in the Winter!