To understand why we designed our Daily Facial Routine to address sun damage and other skin aging, it helps to go back to the start of our company. Most people have heard the story of how our founders, Nova and Paul, were inspired to create Goddess Garden. They needed a safe sunscreen made with clean, natural ingredients for their daughter. They identified a problem and created their own solution.
They learned a lot along the way, including that the sun is responsible for 90 percent of the visible signs of skin aging. That means if we’d all used sunscreen on our faces every time we were exposed to the sun in our lives, we’d all boast baby faces—but we didn’t. Here, Nova and Paul saw another problem: How do you undo years of not wearing sunscreen? True to their innovative spirit, they again went to work on a solution—the Daily Facial Routine.
Repairing Sun Damage Naturally
Repairing sun damage is pretty complicated stuff. That’s because the damage itself is complex as well. It has to do with the different spectrums and wavelengths of the UV rays and how each affects the skin. Mineral sunscreen is the first step to addressing the problem. You have to stop the damage so your skin can begin to heal itself. Goddess Garden has been providing this solution to our customers for years. Then we decided to take it to the next step: The repair process.
To further complicate the problem, synthetic chemicals are commonly marketed to help people turn back time. Luckily, we geek out on finding natural alternatives. We read about willow bark and baobab oil for fun! We’re like kids in a candy store when it comes to nature. There are so many wonderful ingredients to choose from that won’t cause their own problems later on.
A Plant-Powered Skincare Solution
We looked for ingredients that could restore the things years of sun exposure takes away from our skin. Nature once again provided just what we needed: strong antioxidants, vitamins, moisturizers and ways to deliver nutrients where they’re needed most. We mixed and tested, and even started over when we found ingredients that were higher in antioxidants or provided a better firming effect. We learned and mixed and tested again. (As a side note, all of us “Goddess Gardeners” have incredibly soft, smooth skin, despite the dry winter Colorado weather.) And all that testing and experimenting resulted in eight facial products—all with nutrients you can feel and natural ingredients that really work—to help undo the visible signs of aging!
The Daily Facial Routine
Our morning and evening products make skincare routines a snap, while providing all the complex nutrients your skin needs. Just take a peek at the product line:
- Effective against breakouts, yet gentle enough for sensitive skin. It tones and refreshes with witch hazel and tea tree oil as willow bark gently exfoliates.
- Powerful antioxidants from red tea minimize puffiness while seaweed extract mimics the effects of hyaluronic acid to preserve and support collagen production.
- Sunscreen primer ensures even distribution of our Face the Day SPF lotion, with a nourishing vitamin complex to help repair sun-related aging and protect skin from daily damage.
- Completely sheer, lightweight SPF from reef-safe, non-nano zinc protects the skin while chicory root imitates retinol to firm, lift fine lines and promote long-term collagen production.
- An lightweight four-in-one product that protects, moisturizes, primes and offers a subtle tint in four color-adaptive shades that smooth the skin and even complexion.
Erase the Day Purifying Clay Cleanser:
- Kaolin clay pulls away impurities, minerals and makeup to reveal soft, smooth skin as oat protein replaces hydration lost throughout the day.
- Powerful after-sun serum uses natural ingredients like nourishing mango butter and pomegranate oil to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark spots caused by sun exposure.
- Sunscreen primer ensures even distribution of our Face the Day SPF 30 moisturizer, with a nourishing vitamin complex to help repair sun-related aging and protect skin from daily damage.
Sun Repair Made Simple
That’s it. It’s pretty simple. The Daily Facial Routine protects your skin to halt the damage; it helps your skin help itself while providing an extra boost that delivers instant results with long-term benefits—all with plant-based formulas and gentle ingredients.
So look back with nothing but fondness at every moment you’ve spent on this Earth, even if you forgot the sunscreen a time or twelve. We’re all about simply enjoying life, so we hope sun damage can be one less thing to worry about!